West Hollywood Theft Defense
Theft and burglary cases are considered as serious property crime charges in West Hollywood that can lead to felony or misdemeanor charges. Theft crimes happen regularly in the city, and it can include crimes like burglary, grand theft, petty theft, robbery, shoplifting, and larceny. Penalties for these crimes vary depending on the severity of the case, and it can include state prison imprisonment, fines, or both.
If you are charged with these crimes, you need a criminal defense lawyer that can help defend you and build your case to fight for your innocence. At Winfield Law, our team of lawyers is always ready to defend clients in challenging cases.
The team will help you get the best result for your cases regardless of what crime is being charged to you. We will defend your rights and help you understand the entire process as well.
Call Winfield Law at 310-742-8949 for a Free Consultation!
Getting Arrested in West Hollywood
It is terrifying to be arrested for any crime in California because it still has capital punishment for criminal cases. That stress increases if you are innocent in the first place, and as a result, you forget that you are presumed innocent until you are proven guilty.
If you are arrested, you need to do the following to ensure the case does not become worse because of your response during your arrest:
1. Stay calm, and don’t lash out to the arresting officers. Be polite when speaking to them and listen to what they are saying.
2. Invoke your right not to answer their inquiries because anything you may say may be used against you under the Miranda Rights. Wait until you speak to your lawyer.
3. Contact your lawyer immediately when you get to the police station or ask a relative or friend to contact one for you.
If you do get arrested, you need the best legal firm to defend you in court. With Winfield Law, you won’t have to worry about your defense because they will look through your case and create a solid defense that will give you the best outcome.
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers
Winfield Law is committed to making sure you get the best legal support in the state. We believe that every client deserves to be defended in court regardless of their guilt or innocence. It is a stressful experience, and the stress of being arrested can disable you from thinking properly in getting out of your predicament. It will also change your life if you are unable to defend yourself properly. Our goal is to help you go back to your normal life as much as we could before you get arrested.
We will study all the evidence pointing against you and your side of the story and use our experience to negotiate and defend you in court. We will also be honest with you about the possible outcomes that may occur and how the defense will be done. We will also prepare you in case you are asked to speak in court.
What is California’s Criminal Defense Process?
If you get arrested for any criminal offense in the state, you need to know how the case will proceed. Your sentence is also determined by the offense that you have committed.
To help you understand the criminal defense process in California, here is a short guide of how cases develop after you are arrested or investigated.
1. Arraignment is the first time you are given the opportunity to plea or contest against the case. As the defendant, you will be told of the entire charges and informed of your constitutional rights.
2. Negotiation happens when plea bargains and charges are discussed.
3. The preliminary hearing takes place if no agreement is met during the negotiation process. It is also the time when the judge determines if a trial is needed after seeing the evidence provided by both parties.
4. Pretrial conferences are held for parties to negotiate a disposition and prepare their cases for the trial. This is also the time when both parties secure all the information each party has for the case so it can be reviewed.
5. The jury trial will ask a jury to judge the case based on the arguments presented by both sides. They will also be the ones to determine if the defendant is guilty and sentenced, or not and be released.
Understanding the criminal defense process will help you prepare your defense; but, having a strong team to defend you in court can make a difference. Here at Winfield Law, we are ready to guide you through the entire criminal process and help you achieve the outcome that is favorable for you.
Call Today for Free Consultation
Here at Winfield Law, we are a West Hollywood, CA criminal defense firm that can help you get the best outcome you can expect for your case. Our talented lawyers have excellent negotiation and representation skills to ensure that you are protected, and your rights are recognized.
When you reach out to us, we will speak with you to know everything about the case so we can develop the best defense. We will also explain the process for you and represent you during your trial.
Call Winfield Law at 310-742-8949 for a Free Consultation with a brilliant West Hollywood criminal defense lawyer!